Thursday, April 11, 2013

Week 4 assignment

   As I read the book, the information exibits many kinds of tools accessable for the classroom.  I use some of these in my classroom.  We are a rural school, but we are lucky to have access to some of the latest software. We just received two iPads for our classroom. The students absolutely love them.  We use many Apps such as Math Multiplication and Division, Stack the States, and Reading Comprehension, to name a few. I also use the Apps for math and reading intervention for my struggling students. They read and discovery the Apps they like with my approvaI.

  Microsoft Publisher is used by my students to publish class newsletters.  They tell what we are doing in the class for the week and any special events happening. The students who are bragged on for their exceptional work,  list of weekly spelling, and reading words.  This takes a while for them to type, but it engages the students, and they enjoy the process. We also use Microsolf Publisher for the students who are writing a report on a book they have read or a websight topic they have researched.

   Print Shop Deluxe is used to create cute, bright flyers for class news to prents, schedule, class list and signs for the classroom. I create nine week awards for A and AB honor roll, end of the year awards, student of the month and good citizenship awards to name a few.

  There are so many tools avaliable to use. I want to use more in the classroom as I contiune to find and learn about them.

1 comment:

  1. When they are encouraged to focus on the process they do better with the product. Glad to see a teacher who understands the process is more important than the product.

    ReplyDelete