Saturday, April 20, 2013

Week 6 Educational Apps

Apps to download. 1. Math Magic is a brain training of games teaching math -- addition, subtraction and multiplication.
2. Reading for Inferences builds comprehension with a game or practice mode. Students read a passage and practice inferring. Stack the States for geography is a app that teaching states and facts. My class likes this alot. 3. Google Earth is to locate places in the world.  Today one of my students used it to locate the city where superman was from.  He showed me the city and the Superman statue.
I learned something today.  I did not know there was such a place. 4.Keynote is an App the is a slide buider to show images of gobal places.  Hope you try them.

2 comments:

  1. I agree Google Earth is a pretty cool app. I use this application all of the time while I travel, outside, or even hunting. It is very useful. I am glad that there are apps for math because this is one of the subject areas I struggled in as a child. Math Magic could have been benifical for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley,

    May be I can tell the math teachers at my school about this application. It sounds pretty neat. I think a great deal of our students struggle when it comes to math. I also like the one reading for inference. Sometimes if it's not there on the line they will have a hard time getting what the author is saying.

    ReplyDelete